Frequently Asked Questions
The Music Run by CIMB is a 5k running series with speakers lining the entire ‘Sound Track’ run course, culminating in the world’s best finish line festival.
It’s an energising and fun event that brings young people together, irrespective of gender and race, for a one-of-a-kind safe, clean, alcohol-free and healthy experience.
Launched in 2014 by Fresh Events, The Music Run’s mission is to inspire people to live the beat and lead more active lifestyles. To date, it has been experienced by over 300,000 runners across 40 events in 13 countries.
Live The Beat™ is our lifestyle philosophy for active living. It’s about living today better than yesterday; being physically and emotionally charged to work hard to improve your fitness, live healthier and lead a more active lifestyle.
Stay tuned for details of when the seventh edition of The Music Run by CIMB Kuala Lumpur will take place.
The Music Run by CIMB is a commercial and for-profit enterprise.
- 5k Fun Run (for those not wanting an official time and prefer to walk, dance or jog the course)
- 5k Leisure (for runners who want an official time and expect to run 5k in over 35 mins)
- 5k Speed (for runners who want an official time and can complete 5k in under 35 mins)
The event schedule will be released once we announce the event date.
Participants can register for the next event at www.themusicrun.com.my.
Registration fees, personal accident insurance and taxes are included in the advertised price.
Payments are made via eGHL payment gateway and include payment options for credit and debit cards, online banking and e-wallets.
Once you have successfully registered for The Music Run by CIMB, you will receive a confirmation email with your receipt and event details. Please save this email as you’ll need it to check in and collect your Run Pack during Run Pack Collection.
Yes, there is a Discount Offer for CIMB Cardholders and CIMB Clicks users.
Yes, prices listed include SST and admin processing fees.
Yes! Group Registrations are available on the registration page.
- A Group Registration consists of a MAXIMUM of 10 (ten) adults, inclusive of the Group Leader.
- Only 1 (one) Race Category can be purchased in a Group Registration.
- All Group Participants will be registered for the same Race Category and start wave.
- The Group Leader is required to purchase tickets for all Group Participants.
- The Group Leader must complete basic information for all Group Participants (full name, email, mobile phone).
- Upon successful payment, Group Participants will be contacted to complete their Individual Registrations.
- Group Participants can upgrade to Rock Star and add additional items when completing their Individual Registrations. Additional items will be charged accordingly.
Yes! If you want to purchase tickets or bring children under 5 (for free), you will need to complete the Family Registration on the registration page
- A Family Registration consists of a MAXIMUM of 2 adults (inclusive of the Primary Registrant) and 4 children (under 18).
- Only 1 (one) Race Category can be purchased in a Family Registration. All Family Participants will be registered for the same Race Category and start wave.
- All Children must be supervised by an adult guardian at all times on Race Day.
- All adults must provide full and unique registration information. Children under 5 are only required to enter their full name and date of birth.
- Tickets for Children under the age of 5 (five) years old on Race Day are FREE.
- Children under 5 will be provided with a bib for identification.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request proof of age.
- Children’s T-Shirts are available for purchase via the registration platform or on Race Day.
Yes, subject to availability, Corporate Registration will be available on the registration page when tickets are on sale.
- A Corporate Registration is a bulk purchase of a MINIMUM of 25 tickets.
- Tickets will be charged at the prevailing 5k rate at the time of booking and will be applicable for ALL Race Category types (5k Timed, 5k Fun Run).
- Tickets can be purchased online via the registration page, or an Invoice Payment Request can be sent to the Event Organiser.
- Upon successful payment, the Person In Charge will be sent the equivalent number of Promo Codes for distribution to Individual Participants.
- Individual Participants who have received a Promo Code must then complete an Individual
- Registration, selecting from their desired Race Category. Rock Star upgrades and any other add-ons will be charged to the individual accordingly.
There are a number of possible reasons this may have occurred:
- Your registration wasn’t successful, please try again.
- There was a typo in your email address during registration so the confirmation email wasn’t sent to the correct email address.
- The email was blocked by your email server or has been treated as spam or junk mail, please adjust your settings.
Tickets are not refundable. Please refer to our full Ticket Refund Policy wording here.
You can amend your personal details by emailing [email protected] with your original registration confirmation email and details of what personal information you would like updated.
Your T-Shirt size cannot be amended after you submitted your registration. Please make sure the details are correct.
Once registration is confirmed, change of category is not allowed.
Unfortunately, tickets are not transferable.
Pre-event, each participant will receive:
- Unisex Micro-dry Event T-Shirt by Ultron
- Drawstring bag
- Car decal sticker
- Temporary tattoo pack
- Run bib with official participant number
- Timing chip (for timed races)
At the finish line, each participant will receive:
- Finisher medal
- Finisher drink
RPC is where you will collect your Run Pack with all the items required for your event day experience. Details of the RPC will be announced at a later date.
A friend or family member is able to collect your Run Pack on your behalf by presenting a copy of your Registration Confirmation and ID details.
Final Instructions with full details of everything you need to know about Race Day will be available in the Run Guide, which will be emailed to you and accessible on our website.
With the LRT station located right next to the National Stadium at KL Sports City, we strongly advise all participants to travel to the event by train. As there is limited car parking available, if you’re not able to travel by train, it’s best to share a Grab with your friends.
The Music Run by CIMB is a rain or shine event but if extreme weather does occur, the event will be postponed until it is safe to continue. Please follow instructions provided by the Race Officials.
Your run bib is your entry ticket to the event, so please ensure you wear it proudly at all times on the FRONT side of The Music Run by CIMB Event T-Shirt.
The running route will be announced at a later date.
With an expected field of 20,000 runners, our aim is to get all participants on to the run course in a safe and timely manner. We do this by operating different Start Wave times for the different Race Categories. Please refer to both your Registration Confirmation email and our website to ensure that you know exactly which Race Category you are in and what your Start Wave time is. Please note you will only be allowed to run in your allotted Start Wave so please follow the set time and all instructions given by Race Officials.
We offer trophies, cash and partner products as prizes for the top 5 male and top 5 female finishers in the 5K Speed Race Category. Only participants in the Speed category are eligible for awards and all race winners will be verified by the Race Director, Timing Director and Kuala Lumpur Athletics Association (FTKLAA).
Finishers of all race categories will receive a Finisher’s Medal upon crossing the finish line. Finisher’s E-Certificates will be available for all TIMED runners and can be downloaded after the event from the results page of our website.
For TIMED runners (i.e. those in the Speed and Leisure categories with a timing chip), you will be able to access your official race time after the event on the results page of our website.
On the Run Course, complimentary water stations will be available at the 2.5km and finish line.
The entire ‘Sound Track’ run course is lined with speakers the whole way so you can run to the rhythm of the beat from start to finish. It’s an immersive running experience like no other! The Official Race Day Playlist will be shared on our website and Facebook page immediately after the event.
It wouldn’t be a Music Run without a big focus on music! An important part of The Music Run by CIMB is the Finish Line Festival, featuring awesome beats and plenty of music inspired entertainment. Please refer to our website for details of the talent performing on the Main Stage. One thing’s for sure, there will be plenty of entertainment before, during and after the run and you’ll have an awesome time living the beat!
The Information Counter is located at the arrivals area, close to where you enter and exit the Music Village. The Music Run by CIMB Crew will be happy to assist with any questions you have. If you lose or find any items on Race Day, please proceed to the Information Counter for assistance.
A limited Bag Check service is available for the first 1000 participants and is free of charge. No bags will be accepted once the 1000 limit has been reached. We advise all participants to travel lightly and only bring essentials.
Multiple food and beverage options are available for purchase within the Music Village. There will be a free water refill station located within the Music Village.
Please note that The Music Run by CIMB operates a strict no alcohol policy. Any persons found with alcohol will be removed from the venue by security staff.
There are First Aid stations located along the Run Course and in the Music Village so any injuries will be attended to by the appropriate medical staff. We do not give refunds for non-completion of the run.
Of course! We’re all about capturing and sharing great moments with your friends, so bring your cameras, snap away and don’t forget to use the hashtags when you share your pics! Please look after your possessions as we can’t be held responsible for any lost items. Please also note that any unauthorised professional video or photo footage is not permitted without the express permission of the Event Organisers.
Absolutely! We totally encourage people to dress up and get into the spirit of The Music Run by CIMB. Just remember to wear your run bib on the front of your costume so that you can be granted access to the Music Village and Run Course.
Your family and friends are very welcome to cheer you on while you are running on the course but access to the Music Village and Finish Line Festival is reserved for registered participants.
No. Only runners, walkers, wheelchairs and parents with strollers are permitted on the run course. If you are not running, we ask you to stick to the left hand side to allow those faster than you to pass on the right.
Sorry, no dogs or other pets are allowed in the Event.
Official Merchandise is available for purchase anytime via the online registration page, at Run Pack Collection and at the Event itself.
- NO DELIVERY options are available for the purchase of merchandise items via the registration page.
- Customers are required to COLLECT your purchased merchandise ON LOCATION during the official Run Pack Collection (15 – 17 November 2019).
- If you are unable to collect your purchased merchandise during the official Run Pack Collection, please contact the Event Organiser via email at [email protected].
If you’d like to join our amazing crew of volunteers please get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Please fill out the Contact Form on our website and we’ll do our best to assist you.